Thursday, February 24, 2011

Simply Betty's Recycle Challenge

Here is my entry for the Recycle challenge.  This is a close to our hearts challenge.  I recycle and reuse what I can anyway, not just for my crafts but household as well.  It helps the environment to recycle and with 3 kiddo's and only hubby's income it gives me more to play with as my crafts have a limited budget. :)
I chose to use the Emmy Digi she is so cute I couldn't help it.  I created a Welcome Spring card for 2 reasons.  First I am so tired of snow and we are under another storm warning 7-13" heading our way so I am so ready for spring.  This card is going to Emily because she has been going around say " the groundhog is such a liar" lol what a card she is.
The recycled part of the card is first the mushroom background, Emmy got a bratz angelz fairy doll for her birthday and this was behind the doll.  It had a couple rips which I covered with the flower, the digi herself and the small butterfly.  The Butterfly was also on the package, the other side says something about an online code.  I pressed it onto a blue stamp pad and when it dried used stickles.  The wand I added to Emmy's hand is a broken stick pin that I also stickled.  I added the lil spring banner on the bottom of the front mushroom to cover some other print.  The top ribbon was off the wrapping from the gift.  The large butterfly at the top was a leftover valentine card and the circle behind it was the top off an empty ribbon spool.  This was so much fun thanks for an amazing challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks so much for hopping at the Spring Fever Blog Hop! I hope you enjoyed the projects! I am happy to be your newest follower!

    Jillian
    jillianbeancrafts.com

    ReplyDelete